Monday, January 4, 2010

What Goes Around

On New Year's Eve Karma threw a party and everyone was invited.

Seven of the men who have danced through my life in the past year were all in the same place at the same time. Some of these guys were more significant than others, but even those who were fleeting fancies of some sort made the effort to RSVP to Karma's invitation. They had one thing in common...me.

All of them showed up at the same time and left at the same time. Ms. Karma seems to have been very specific in her party planning. I was never much of a juggler, but these guys took it upon themselves to keep the balls in the air. They met in a group and got along like old friends. Drinks were bought, dances were had, kissess...well...there may have been a few.

Now the party is over and I'm back in my condo alone. Only memories of the strangest night ever and the knowledge that I let the good one get away to keep me company.

Karma.
Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment