Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another day, another city.

I woke up this morning in Vancouver and fell in love. This is the most amazing city to which I have ever travelled. I think I may eventually seriously consider making this home.

My morning started off wonderfully as I met Amanda downstairs in the lobby of my hotel. She was an incredible tour guide throughout the day. She had spent time googling places to eat and even where the menus in the diner were located! We hopped on a ferry to Granville Island and toured through the most amazing markets. She was so patient with my as I couldn't decide which pieces of jewelery I wanted. We bought fruit at the makets and ate fresh figs while talking about life lessons. A short boat trip and walk later we found ourselves in Stanley Park. Neither, Amanda nor I had ever been to the Vancouver Aquarium and we were bound and determined to see the whales. It must have been my lucky day, because not only did I see the whales, the fish, the monkeys and strange reptiles....I saw my first real raccoon!!!!

It was an incredible day with an amazing lady. I wonder what adventures tomorrow will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment