Friday, December 18, 2009

So this is Christmas....

It's been a month since I updated this blog. I've find that writing things down makes them more real and I tend to run from reality at every possible opportunity.

In the past month, I have once again found AND lost Phil and Steve. Ghosts of the past belong in the past. Enough.

I have had to move out of my condo brining me to 19 official moves. My condo is undergoing major renovations and thus I've been kicked out. It was a bit of a fiasco. The movers could not understand why I was insistant they sign a contract to accept liability for any damages during the move. They thought it was a "single woman thing".
They broke the arm on my very expensive couch.

Moving on, I am now in Newfoundland with my family for Christmas. I met my niece Faith tonight for the first time. She is incredible. Faith makes dealing with my nutty family for the next two weeks bareable.

I arrived back in Newfoundland at 4am Thursday morning. I had prepped my other for 2 months leading up to this arrival. I wanted two days in the city by myself to run errands and see friends. 4am...mother is at the airport.

We stayed at my Aunt's (not the hotel I booked). The next morning while getting ready to endure a full day of shopping my mother and aunt start to compare the details of their daughter's engagement stories. "Oh Ashley, how exact did Alaina and Mark do..." blah blah blah blah. I have been called "the career one" at least six times since my arrival.

Confession: I am Briget Jones come to life. Sadly without Colin or Hugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment