Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ladybugs

Today was another in a series of perfect Autumn days. The Autumn in Alberta would make you forget about the devastating rains of summer or the bitter cold of winter. It seems like the sun will never stop shining.

Today, I got bundled up and went for a walk in my favourite park. The park is surrounded by trees of brillant golds and red. A water fountain in the middle of the pond creates a permanent rainbow. The crisp air in your lungs renews your sense of being alive. The park always makes me feel better.

Today, I met Tom. Tom was walking his Husky through the park when she decided to sing to me. I was standing in the gazebo and didn't hear anyone approach behind me. I didn't hear anything until a dog directly behind me started to howl. It was endearing to see how embarrassed he was that his normally well-behaved dog was having no part of moving. She sat and she sang. When I pet her ears she would stop. If I walked away, she would sing again. We ended up talking for hours.

Confession: I have a thing for foregin guys.

Tom is a pilot from the Netherlands.

Now I wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment